Fire season is already getting longer every year on the West coast due to warmer spring and summer temperatures and reduced snowpack leading to dry conditions susceptible to severe fires. According to Cal Fire, there are already eleven uncontained fires across California and it’s only June. Add in the fact … Read more What a Megadrought Means for Wildfires
The most direct answer to that is an unfortunate one. Humans are usually the cause for most wildfires, 84% according to a 2017 PNAS study with the rest, 16%, caused by lightning strikes. Here are the most common causes of human-caused wildfires: Sparks from power lines/electrical equipment Arsonists Sparks from … Read more What Causes a Wildfire?
The coronavirus has disrupted industries, altered lives, and put a hold on non-essential activities, including preventive measures for wildfires. Every year, local, state, and federal fire agencies work at making areas safer for wildfire season. These safety measures include prescribed burns, and clearing brush and undergrowth but due to the … Read more How Coronavirus is Affecting Fire Prevention Efforts
Ember Defense, a wildfire home-hardening company based in Reno, Nevada, is proud to announce that they are offering free home evaluations in Marin County for the month of April. A full home evaluation from the fire professionals at Ember Defense is roughly an hour-long process and includes assessing defensible space, … Read more Ember Defense to Offer Free Home Evaluations in Marin County
Fires, unfortunately, are becoming a normal part of life for many people across the United States, and really, the world. As humans move to areas that are more prone to naturally occurring wildfires, there will be more and more destruction to property and livelihood. While fires are largely unpredictable, there … Read more Facts About Wildfire
Are You Prepared for a Wildfire? Fires are scary. They spread rapidly and are unpredictable; the best thing you can do is get out of their way and evacuate safely. The hardest part is leaving your home and your belongings behind. But if you know how to prepare for a … Read more How to Prepare for a Wildfire