Apply For This Job: Field Installation Technician
* This position has been filled but please feel free to apply and your resume will be kept on file. We are always growing! *
We are looking for a Field Installation Technician. Work from home with a company- provided van to travel to job sites, no need to commute into a shop daily. We are willing to do on-the-job training.
Hourly rate of $25-35 per hour based on experience in general construction, sheet metal, and HVAC: with benefits
We are a growing wildfire preparedness company based in Fairfield, CA that offers its employees a positive and supportive work environment, compeve pay, and growth opportunities.
Ember Defense has helped hundreds of homeowners proactively prepare for wildfire and we are excited to grow our team. We have a positive workplace that is known for the great care we take with clients and employees alike.
The Position:Field Installation Technician
- Looking for someone who has a positive attitude, great customer service skills, the ability to problem-solve, is a self-starter that is very hands on and is able to learn and thrive in a fast- paced environment.
- Knowledge of: hand and power tools, Ladder and roof work, Basic sheet metal experience, able to read a tape measure, planning, and execution of jobs.
- Willing to do on-the-job training.
- Clean driving, and criminal history.
- Basic computer skills, preferably knowledge of iPad, email, Microsoft suite, and google calendar. We will also be using Service Fusion, Asana, and goformz – will train.
- Communication, organizational skills and ability to work well with a team is a must.
- Will communicate directly with the Lead installer/Service Manager, scheduler, and management to complete home installations.
- Will be traveling to homes throughout the Bay area, Santa Rosa, and Napa Valley to complete installations of Ember Defense products including fire and ember-proof vents and gutter guards in order to help protect a customer’s home or business from wildfire.
- The nature of a startup requires flexibility to help the team as needed and may be asked to occasionally support other areas and team members of the company.
Ember Defense is based in Fairfield, CA. Field Installation Technicians will be traveling to jobs and working remotely.
Why Should You Apply?
We are a growing wildfire preparedness company based in Fairfield, CA that offers its employees a positive and supportive work environment, competitive pay, and growth opportunities. Ember Defense has helped hundreds of homeowners proactively prepare for wildfire and we are excited to grow our team. We have a positive workplace that is known for the great care we take with clients and employees alike.
We are excited to offer competitive pay and opportunities for growth in this seasonal position. If you are looking to learn new skills, have more free time during the offseason, and be a part of a great team, this position is for you!