Apply For This Job: Fire Prevention Team Lead
We are looking for Full-Time and Seasonal Fire Prevention Team Leads to assist in applying long-term fire retardant on customers’ properties and responding to customers ahead of wildland fires for our Rapid Response program.
All crews will also be assisting with onsite evaluations of commercial and residential properties. Will communicate directly with the Field Manager and management to lead team members, complete applications on residential and commercial properties and respond to calls ahead of a fire.
This position will require traveling to properties throughout the Bay Area, East Bay, South Bay, North Bay, Santa Rosa, and Napa/Sonoma Valley (and other areas as needed).
Relevant experience or a combination of experience that will apply to this position would be: Fire pump and hose lay operations, wildfire knowledge required, organizational skills, used to working outdoors, not opposed to working longer hours, being able to drive a company truck pulling a trailer if needed.
Knowledge of defensible space and home hardening practices.
We are excited to offer competitive pay and opportunities for growth in this position. If you are looking to learn new skills, have more free time during the offseason, and be a part of a great team, this position is for you!
Seasonal positions and full-time positions available:
Pay Range based on experience: Annual salary $60,000-80,000 with benefits, opportunities for overtime and bonuses!
Full-time schedule will generally be 40 hours per week, 08:00-17:00 hours, Monday through Friday.
Hours worked per week may increase or decrease based on travel needs, business goals, fire
activity, and the need to manage annual work hours.
Full Time / 12-month position with variable time off in offseason to offset peak duty requirements
Estimated Busy Season: April- December
We are a growing wildfire preparedness company based in Fairfield, CA that offers its employees a positive and supportive work environment, compeve pay, and growth opportunities.
Ember Defense has helped hundreds of homeowners proactively prepare for wildfire and we are excited to grow our team. We have a positive workplace that is known for the great care we take with clients and employees alike.
Fire Prevention Team Lead
- Introduction to ICS (ICS-100)
- Human Factors in the Wildland Fire Service (L-180) ● Firefighter Training (S-130 – Field Day Required)
- Introduction to Wildland Fire Behavior (S-190)
- NIMS: An Introduction (IS-700)
- Wildland Fire Safety Training Annual Refresher (WFSTAR)
- First aid certification is preferred, we will assist in obtaining this if not already certified and is required to be kept up to date.
- Must be 21 years or older
- Looking for someone who has a positive attitude, great customer service skills, the ability to problem-solve, is a self-starter that is very hands-on and can learn and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic equipment experience with pumps, small engines, hoses, air compressors, fittings, holding tanks, etc.
- Clean driving and criminal history, Planning and execution of jobs, ability to learn new skills.
- Basic computer skills, preferably knowledge of iPad, email, Microsoft Suite, and Google.
- Communication, organizational skills, and the ability to work well with a team are a must.
Applying long-term fire retardant on customers’ properties and responding to customers ahead of wildland fires for our Rapid Response program.
We are hiring for specialists in the Bay Area.
Why Should You Apply?
We are a growing wildfire preparedness company based in Fairfield, CA that offers its employees a positive and supportive work environment, competitive pay, and growth opportunities.
The Company: Ember Defense has helped hundreds of homeowners proactively prepare for wildfire and we are excited to grow our team. We have a positive workplace that is known for the great care we take with clients and employees alike.